James Barlow

James fell into the mechanic trade having always had a passion for working on motor vehicles.

He has worked in a number of garages over the years, but had never achieved any qualifications in the field.

That needed to change as he became a self-employed mobile mechanic, and so he studied for his Motor Engineering qualifications at Accrington and Rossendale College.

After a number of years working across Lancashire in all weather, all seasons, and at all times of day and night, James decided he needed a new direction.

The qualifications he had gained a few years earlier proved to be the keys to his success and he gained a position as a technician back where his learning journey started – at Accrington and Rossendale College.

James said: “I enjoy helping people, and I get a huge sense of achievement out of seeing other people develop their skills and self-confidence. “It’s the best decision I have ever made and I should have done it years ago. Maybe I could go into teaching one day.”

Visit www.lal.ac.uk today and see the range of courses we can offer to help you today.

Your browser does not support HTML 5 Canvas.