Key facts from LAL Ofsted report
- Passionate tutors set high aspirations and expectations, using a wide range of activities to enable most learners to reach their potential
- A strong and effective board of governors now drives forward a good pace of improvement through robust and determined support and challenge
- Tutors inspire and challenge their learners, who are well motivated, enjoy their learning and work with concentration and focus in lessons
- Senior managers, managers and tutors have prioritised the development of learners’ English and mathematical skills well. The service has a good strategy and a set of clear expectations about teaching practices to help learners develop these important skills
- The large majority of learners progress to further learning, employment and other positive destinations such as volunteering. Currently just over a third of those learners surveyed for their destinations have progressed into employment
- Tutors use the results of initial assessment of learners’ individual needs well to plan and provide effective learning and additional support to help learners overcome problems which might otherwise prevent success.
Download our full Ofsted report here.