Fatima Bougzoul

Fatima, 49, was a housewife and did not want her future to be one where she stayed at home all day.

She began a Functional Skills English course with Lancashire Adult Learning, with the aim of starting a new career working in education.

Before moving to the UK, she had previously worked in travel insurance in Morocco, and the LAL courses were flexible and fitted around the times her children were at school.

Fatima signed up to the Level 1 Prep for Work in Schools course, which she enjoyed so much she progressed on to Level 2. She is now volunteering at a primary school one day a week, helping children with different activities and Maths, English and phonics – practising what she is learning, and getting closer to her aspirations of becoming a Teaching Assistant.

Fatima said: “I have grown in confidence so much and what I am learning is helping me progress towards my new career and in my life.

“I love learning, and I am also able to support my children with their homework, which is a good feeling.”

If Fatima’s ability to support her family and her determination to carve a new career for herself has inspired you to do the same, please visit our website at www.lal.ac.uk to see our new range of adult learning courses.

Your browser does not support HTML 5 Canvas.