‘Meet the teacher’ and achieve Functional Skills qualifications with LAL

Adult learners looking to achieve Functional Skills qualifications and boost employability prospects can come along to one of Lancashire Adult Learning’s upcoming information and advice sessions.

The first event will be held at Nelson and Colne College, Scotland Road, Nelson, on Tuesday 10 April from 4pm until 8pm and another one will be held at Northlight, Glenway, Brierfield on Thursday 12 April between 9.30am and 12 noon.

Adults can use these events to find out more about the courses and support available to them and to help them improve skills and develop opportunities, whether that be gaining employment or being able to help their children with homework.

LAL improves social mobility through Functional Skills in English, Maths, ESOL, ICT and Employability and friendly, knowledgeable and supportive teachers work hard with adults to achieve amazing results. LAL delivers its Functional Skills courses in over 100 community venues across Lancashire including schools, libraries, community centres and faith centres, providing a pleasant, supportive environment where learners are not afraid to engage.

In 2016-17, 98% of adults on Level 2 Functional Skills English with LAL achieved the qualification and 96% of adults on Level 2 Functional Skills Maths were successful. Of the 1,575 learners on Employability courses with LAL, 42% progressed into employment while the remaining 58% developed and progressed towards the employment market.

Tyrone Hawke, 59, from Burnley, was LAL’s English star in 2017. He said: “I would recommend any of Lancashire Adult Learning’s courses. It is not just myself that needs help to develop skills, there are many others out there too and I would encourage people to sign up to adult learning.”

It is not just individuals that need the support upskilling, employers can also benefit from it too, and free of charge, through English and Maths accredited courses.

Improving an employee’s English and Maths skills can have huge benefits to organisations, including boosting efficiency and reducing accident rates. Individuals feel the personal advantage too, with increased confidence and self-esteem.

Learning with LAL is flexible and can either take place within the workplace or learners from different local employers can be brought together to allow smaller numbers to learn.

To discuss support for your business, or for yourself, call LAL today on 0333 003 1717 or go to www.lal.ac.uk

Your browser does not support HTML 5 Canvas.