LAL’s staff hub is on the move but Chorley courses to continue

Adult learners in Chorley will continue to receive an extensive and exciting programme of courses in their area as Lancashire Adult Learning’s staff hub prepares to relocate.

LAL bosses have confirmed that an expansion of provision will be looked at in the Chorley area after the staff hub makes its move from Lancashire College to Brierfield Mill in September.

Courses currently held at the College and Woodlands, in Southport Road, will run from alternative venues in Chorley for the new academic year.

New venues to be used across the Chorley area are expected to include Runshaw College, Chorley Library, Euxton Parish Community Centre Annexe, Southlands High School and Buttermere Community Centre.

Signing onto courses will continue to be quick and easy, with learners able to enrol over the phone, via LAL’s website and at future set enrolment events.

Andrew Parkin, LAL’s Director of Curriculum Planning and Delivery, said: “While Lancashire Adult Learning’s base and administrative centre is moving to Brierfield, our much-valued learners in Chorley, and the rest of the county for that matter, will see no changes in their learning experience.

“We have written to our learners to reassure them that the move will not impact on the courses we currently offer in Chorley and the surrounding areas, and that we will, as ever, be reviewing and developing our courses to meet the needs of our local community who remain at the heart of everything that we do.

“No current or future LAL classes are planned at Woodlands and the classes at Lancashire College will finish in July at the end of term before relocating to new venues in September.

“Our new brochure of fantastic courses starting in September will be available from early July. This can be viewed on our website or learners can pick up a copy at our Summer Open Event at Nelson and Colne College on Saturday 8th July.

“If you have any questions at all about our Chorley provision, then please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 0333 003 1717 or emailing reception@lal.ac.uk. You can also stay up to date with our latest news, including our move to Brierfield Mill, on our social channels or by visiting www.lal.ac.uk.”

Alison Smith, from Coppull, near Chorley, has completed functional skills courses in ICT and Maths with LAL and has praised its provision.

Alison said: “I want to further my education so I can return to work. I want to be able to gain an employed position so that I can provide for my family.

“I have done a few courses at LAL and I have found the College brilliant. The courses I have taken have set me up for my future. Since coming to classes my confidence has grown.”

Lancashire Adult Learning delivers a huge range of planned provision across the Red Rose County, from Arts and Crafts to Humanities classes, Languages to Health and Wellbeing sessions and Employability courses.

For more information about LAL, contact 0333 003 1717 or visit www.lal.ac.uk.

Your browser does not support HTML 5 Canvas.