Christine’s Heading in the Write Direction!

Putting your ideas down on paper for a living might sound like a dream job for many, but one local adult learner has proved nothing’s impossible.

Budding author, Christine Tuson, from Chorley, is heading in the write direction after landing her dream place at University following a return to education. Christine signed up for our Creative Writing Improving and Developing Course in summer 2016 – she proved a model student and was really keen to learn, taking inspiration from Alan Bennett to produce a tragi-comic monologue as her final piece. Having successfully completed the course, Christine is now following her dream to take an MA in Scriptwriting at UCLan.

Christine, 28, said: “I joined the Creative Writing course to gain new skills, boost my confidence and to meet new people. I had enjoyed doing bits and pieces of writing in my spare time but had never completed anything too substantial.

“Throughout the course, we were given the task of completing a ‘big project’ as well as smaller tasks – we often worked collaboratively as a group but we were also set our own personal targets.

“My ‘big project’ was a monologue and I am proud of the end result. Overall the learning experience was encouraging and inspiring, so much so that I am now working on my MA in Scriptwriting in the hope that I can learn what it takes to become a professional writer.”

We have a range of creative writing courses across the county for adult learners. Whether you fancy yourself as the next JK Rowling or Jackie Collins there is something for everyone to enjoy.

Your browser does not support HTML 5 Canvas.